Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmass Shopping & Cold Weather

Hi everybody,

This evening I was kind of upset and home sick so I decided to go out and do some Christmas shopping, which is always exciting and interesting. Surprisingly, the prices are still a bit high for students like us and I think we should wait till boxing week if any of you have plans to do a big shopping. However, I needed to purchase something other than that I would go crazy. Ha Ha Ha... Let me tell you another funny story about my poppy. He was trained to go out once at 7:30am every morning and one more time at 6pm in the evening. Considering the Calgary's weather, which is getting colder and colder everyday this kind of schedule (early in the mornings and late in the evenings) does not work for him due to his size and ability to stand in cold weather. The other day, right after the first snow I opened the backyard door for him and it usually takes him about 7 to 10 minutes to come back inside. I was waiting for him for almost 20 minutes then I became worried about him. I went out side and I saw him shaking with no movement. He was looking at me but he was not able to actually move and walk to me. Therefore, I ran and brought him inside. He was almost half frozen and I was almost going to kill my own poppy due to lack of experience. Any way I am changing his routine at the moment, which is a very difficult job to do and it requires a lot of patient. God helps me...

Cheers,
Ghazal.

No comments: